4 Questions to Ask Your Pain Management Doctor
At East County Urgent Care, our medical professionals are experienced in treating both acute and chronic pain and can help you live a pain-free life. For more information, contact us or schedule an appointment online. We are conveniently located at 1625 E. Main Street # 100 El Cajon, CA 92021.
Table of Contents:
What does a pain doctor do for you?
What conditions qualify for pain management?
What are the benefits of visiting a pain management doctor?
When should you see a pain management doctor?
Pain is a generalized term that refers to any type of physical suffering from any cause, including injury, illness and degeneration. It is typically classified into two categories:
Acute pain, which lasts up to three months, and chronic pain, which lasts longer than three months. There are many different types of pain, which can range in severity, from mild and mainly inconvenient, to severe and completely debilitating. Everyone experiences pain several times throughout their lives, and thankfully, it goes away within a few minutes in most cases. However, some pain can last for months, or even years, which should always be addressed by a pain management doctor.
Pain management doctors are expertly trained and highly specialized doctors who diagnose conditions, coordinate treatment, and provide ongoing care for patients with both acute and chronic pain. Although they also treat patients with acute pain, they work most often with chronic pain patients who have experienced symptoms for three months or longer.
Nearly any type of severe chronic pain qualifies for pain management, with the most common being joint pain. Conditions commonly treated include:
– Lower back pain
– Knee pain
– Head pain and migraines
– Hip pain
– Neck pain
– Nerve pain
– CRPS (complex regional pain syndrome)
– Elbow pain
– Foot and ankle pain
– Shoulder pain
This list is not all-inclusive; other types of pain can certainly qualify for pain management. If you are experiencing a specific type of pain that is not listed here, do not worry; please call our clinic and one of our professionals will be happy to assist you.
There are many benefits of visiting a pain management doctor for chronic and acute pain, with the main reason being that they can reduce levels of pain and improve quality of life. Other benefits include:
– They have an extensive amount of experience and training in pain management and are well-versed in a variety of pain management options
– They have access to specialty equipment and treatment options that can address specific types of chronic pain
– They are the utmost specialists when it comes to pain
– They can provide pain relief when other methods are not working
– They can help patients recover after they have experienced a traumatic incident
– They can help patients with chronic conditions better manage their pain and live a more fulfilling life
– They can determine from where the pain is originating even when other doctors cannot
– They provide invaluable pain management techniques and other forms of patient education
– They provide treatment options that help patients avoid taking addictive pain relievers like opioids
– They can help patients avoid surgery
There are many situations that could warrant a visit to a pain management doctor, including:
– Pain that does not go away
– Pain that worsens
– To explore alternatives to surgery
– To avoid relying on pain medications
– Treatments reduced pain but progress has stopped
– Pain has reduced but is still problematic
At East County Urgent Care, we are dedicated to providing you with all of your pain management needs. Our kind and compassionate professionals are experienced in treating both acute and chronic pain and can help you live a pain-free life. We focus on addressing the underlying cause of pain instead of applying a temporary, topical solution. Call us today to book an appointment for pain management, or visit online! We serve patients from El Cajon CA, Wells Park CA, Alpine CA, Hillsdale CA, Rancho San Diego CA, Santee CA, and Jamul CA.
Additional Services You May Need
▸Low Back Pain Treatment
▸PFT & Qualitative Fit Testing
▸Pediatric Urgent Care El Cajon
▸DOT Physical Exam
▸Cold & Flu Treatments
▸Lacerations & Burn Treatments
▸Upper Respiratory Treatments
▸Fractures & Sprains Treatments
▸Confidential STD Testing